SAVE THE DATE!
NEW!! Compliance Hotline:
All calls are confidential unless you choose to identify yourself.
New! Mobile Crisis Outreach Services
Telecare Thurston-Mason Mobile Outreach and Intensive Case Management Teams begin services. Click here for additional information.
Substance Use Disorder, Trends, and Treatment Resources
Click here to see the presentation.
This Is Your Brain On A Graph: Harnessing Data For Mental Health Care At One Northwest Provider
Check out this great article on our local NRP with Community Youth Services.
Holidays are a time of celebration and family. Expectations are high as we look forward to experiencing something good in life. However, sometimes these expectations are not fully realized. Holidays for some people, can be a time of grief, sadness and loss. As a result, the holidays can serve as a trigger for an episode of feeling “blue” or depressed. Anniversaries of significant events like the loss of a parent or even your own health can serve as a trigger as well.
Everybody has felt blue or sad at some point in their life, but these feelings for some, can be experienced as a very intense episode of depression. During these times if you or somebody you know is experiencing a severe episode of depression, then seeking help may be necessary.
Please look at the attached document for a review of Holiday Blues and where you can seek help.
Mark Freedman, MA, LCSW
Thurston-Mason BHO, Administrator
- Grief and the Holidays (www.grief.com)
- Tips for Managing the Holiday Blues (National Alliance for the Mentally Ill)
- Holiday Mental Health: Anxiety, Depression, and Stress (MedlinePlus)
- The holiday season can bring uninvited guests—anxiety, stress, and depression. But, MedlinePlus is available to help. Text MP Health to 468311 or click here to sign-up for weekly messages sent directly to your phone.
- You’ll receive text messages on managing anxiety, coping with depression, and preventing stress during this holiday season. Text MP Health to 468311
- The Truth About Holiday Spirits: How to Celebrate Safety This Season
- How to Navigate the Holidays in Early Recovery
Please note our new fax numbers:
Thurston-Mason BHO – 360-867-2561
Thurston-Mason BHO Ombuds – 360-867-2619